Fire Damage Restoration
Fire Damage Restoration in Kansas City
Fire damage can result from a number of causes in or around your property, including electrical issues, appliance malfunctions, gas leaks, natural disasters, and more. In addition to the obvious physical dangers, home or business fires can be particularly traumatizing, both emotionally and financially. When you hire DCR to handle your fire cleanup and restoration, you’ll receive compassionate and considerate service as we partner with you to salvage personal belongings and restore your home to its original condition.
Did You Know?
Home structure fires in the United States cause an annual average of $6.5 billion in direct property damage.
Tips for Proper Fire Damage Treatment
Once you’ve confirmed that the fire is completely out and there are no injuries that require immediate attention, it’s important to take quick action in preventing additional fire damage to your property. Before moving forward, be sure you understand all of the “Do’s and Don’ts” to proper fire damage treatment:
- Call us immediately!
- Limit movement in the home to prevent spreading and embedding soot particles
- Tape double layer of cheesecloth over all air registers
- Change furnace filters
- Open windows to begin to air out the property
- Wash plants with water
- Empty the refrigerator or freezer (if electricity is off) and prop doors open
- Send heavily smoke damaged clothing to a professional restoration cleaner rather than a dry cleaning company
- Turn water off and drain water lines
- Drain the hot water heater if the electric or gas is off
- Use do-it-yourself home carpet or upholstery cleaners
- Attempt to clean or wash any absorbent surfaces i.e. walls, ceilings, etc. as this could compound the soot residue problem
- Eat or use any food items that have been exposed to high heat or smoke
- Use TV’s, stereos, or electrical appliances until professionally checked and cleaned
- Touch anything with your bare hands as the oils/soot on your hands may cause further damage
- Wait to seek professional assistance