Smoke Damage Restoration
Smoke Damage Restoration Service in Kansas City
After a fire, it’s common for smoke damage to be much more widespread than the damage directly caused by the fire itself. This is in large part due to the chemicals and soot within the smoke that can easily stain walls, ceilings, furniture, and any other materials it may come in contact with. Our smoke damage restoration service effectively addresses the damage by using industry-proven techniques for sanitation, deodorization, and air vent/duct cleaning.
Did You Know?
Smoke soot and chemicals can continue to damage the materials in your home well after a fire has been put out.
Tips for Proper Smoke Damage Treatment
Fast action after a fire can significantly impact the level of damage that is caused by the smoke permeation throughout your business or home. Once you’ve confirmed the fire is fully extinguished and your loved ones and/or employees are safe, use the following recommendations to mitigate further damage to your property:
- Call us immediately!
- Limit the movement in the home to prevent spreading and embedding soot particles
- Tape double layer of cheesecloth over all air registers
- Change furnace filters
- Open windows to begin to air out the property
- Wash plants with water
- Empty the refrigerator or freezer (if electricity is off) and prop doors open
- Send heavily smoke damaged clothing to a professional restoration cleaner rather than a dry cleaning company
- Turn water off and drain water lines
- Drain the hot water heater if the electric or gas is off
- Use do-it-yourself home carpet or upholstery cleaners
- Attempt to clean or wash any absorbent surfaces i.e. walls, ceilings, etc. as this could compound the soot residue problem
- Eat or use any food items that have been exposed to high heat or smoke
- Use TV’s, stereos, or electrical appliances until professionally checked and cleaned
- Wait to seek professional assistance